Senior Electrical Engineer Job
Date: Dec 12, 2014
Location: Walnut Creek, CA, US
Location: US-CA-Walnut Creek
Job ID: 2013-9817
Area of Interest: EN - Mine Planning and Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 10/14/2014
Experience (Years): 10
Apply Online – Golder’s United States Job Opportunities:
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 8000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer for expert technical support of oil, gas, slurry, tailings and other pipeline system projects. This position is located at Golder’s Walnut Creek, California office.
Candidates should have at least 10 years in the industrial or manufacturing sector. The successful candidate will be involved in the design of electrical power supply systems in oil, gas, mining, slurry and tailings pipeline projects.
The Candidate Will:
* Work independently and display leadership in scheduling and completing tasks
* Contribute to projects with major focus on the main point of contact with clients in relation to project deliverables, potential problems and managing client expectations
* Make complex decisions of with consideration of appropriately complex inputs
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepare proposals, specifications, reports, and technical evaluations
* Establish, manage, and status design budgets and schedules
* Develop initial concepts and scope of work
* Perform engineering calculations
* Lead detailed design development and supervise designers
* Provide quality checks
* Provide engineering support during construction
* Power system design in hazardous classified areas
* Field experience in checkout, start-up and commissioning of industrial electrical systems
* Engineering experience in the manufacturing, mining, or petrochemical industries is a plus
This position will bring the successful candidate significant opportunity for continued professional growth.
This position is for Senior Electrical Engineer that requires an expert level of specialist skills in the principles of low and medium voltage power systems in oil, gas, mining or other process oriented industries.
* Minimum 10 years engineering experience in the oil, gas, mining or other process oriented industry (Gas and mining experience preferred)
* Minimum BS or post secondary degree in engineering from an accredited institution
* Professional Engineers License (PE) preferred
* MS Office competent – strong Excel skills preferred
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; Multiple language capability a plus
* Solid organization and time management abilities
* Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude
* High level of personal integrity with a strong work ethic
* Willingness to travel internationally as dictated by project demands
* Pass a pre-employment physical including a drug screening and background check
* Authorization to work in the United States
Competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segments: Construction, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Engineering