Pipelines Designer/Draftsperson Job
Date: May 19, 2013
Location: Walnut Creek, CA, US
Location: US-CA-Walnut Creek
Job ID: 2011-6413
Area of Interest: EN - Mine Planning and Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): High School Diploma
Posted Date: 9/26/2012
Experience (Years): 2
Founded in Canada in 1960, Golder Associates is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our 7,000 people deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
The Golder U.S. team (Golder Associates Inc.) is consistently voted a top consulting firm to work for and operates out of more than 40 offices across the country from Anchorage, Alaska to Tampa, Florida. Since the first office opened in 1968, we have built a reputation for providing innovative, quality solutions. From our initial strength in geotechnical engineering, our services expanded to meet the increasing range of client needs, including environmental compliance and remediation.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Pipeline Designer/Draftsperson (LD1 – LD2). Walnut Creek, CA is the base location for pipeline and engineering design, however this position can be located in any of our US offices. This position will report to the Engineering Manager in the office and have primary responsibility for piping and facility design within that office and other offices around the world to serve global clients. It is envisioned that the majority of this work will be performed in Walnut Creek as a central control point – this position is for an in-office designer to support engineering projects around the world. Occasional travel will be required for project work.
Candidates should have experience in the following areas:
- Industrial equipment (pumps, tanks, vessels, heat exchangers, etc.) and piping layouts;
- Demonstrated experience with complex drawing files/drawings;
- 3D piping experience preferred;
- AutoCAD required, additional experience with Microstation preferred;
- Plot Plan development; and
- Experience developing design standards in conjunction with engineers. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in general design;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in industrial piping and facility design;
- Minimum high school diploma, AA or equivalent preferred;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience and proficiency with AutoCAD V2011 required;
- Must be authorized to work in the United States;
- Pass a pre-employment physical including a drug screening and background check.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segments: Drafting, Engineer, Consulting, Geology, Pipeline, Engineering, Technology, Energy