Pipeline Instrumentation and Controls Engineer Job
Date: May 19, 2013
Location: Walnut Creek, CA, US
Location: US-CA-Walnut Creek
Job ID: 2011-6285
Area of Interest: EN - Mine Planning and Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 2
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 9/26/2012
Experience (Years): 5
SLP: J2WCIVILCONST, J2WGEOTECH
Founded in Canada in 1960, Golder Associates is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our 7,000 people deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
The Golder U.S. team (Golder Associates Inc.) is consistently voted a top consulting firm to work for and operates out of more than 40 offices across the country from Anchorage, Alaska to Tampa, Florida. Since the first office opened in 1968, we have built a reputation for providing innovative, quality solutions. From our initial strength in geotechnical engineering, our services expanded to meet the increasing range of client needs, including environmental compliance and remediation.
Golder Associates Inc. is seeking a Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) Engineer for specialist technical support of oil, gas, slurry, tailings and other pipeline system projects. Walnut Creek, CA is the base location for pipeline and engineering design, however this position can be located in any of our US offices.
This position is for a Staff or Project level I&C Engineer and requires specialist skills in the principles of automation, instrumentation, electrical and control systems in oil & gas, or other process oriented industries. Candidates should have at least 5 years engineering experience. The successful candidate will be involved in the design of supervisory, control and data acquisition systems for oil, gas, mining, slurry and tailings pipeline projects.
- Works independently in scheduling and completing tasks
- Contributes to projects with major focus in leadership of technical excellence or project management for larger or more complex projects
- Makes decisions of moderate complexity with some input and review from senior staff
- Coordinates and manages I&C engineering and design performed by sub-consultants This position will bring the successful candidate significant opportunity for continued professional growth.
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience in the oil, gas, or mining industry
- Minimum BS or post secondary degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- MS Office competent – strong Excel skills
- Solid organization and time management abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of personal integrity with a strong work ethic
- Willingness to travel internationally as dictated by project demands
- Pass a pre-employment physical including a drug screening and background check
- Authorization to work in the United States
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Golder Associates Statement:
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segments: Controls Engineer, Construction, Manufacturing Engineer, Consulting, Instrumentation, Engineering, Technology