National General Manager - Construction Job
Date: Apr 1, 2014
Location: Mississauga, Golder Construction, Country/City: CA
Location: CA-Golder Construction - Mississauga
CA-Golder Construction - Burnaby
Job ID: 2013-10005
Area of Interest: EN - Contracting and Construction Services
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 12/5/2013
Experience (Years): 10
Apply Online - Golder's Canadian Job Opportunities :
Golder Construction Inc. is seeking to hire an experienced General Manager for Construction (National) to work closely with its Regional Leaders in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec to expand and strengthen the capabilities of the group within Canada and the United States. Golder Construction is a Canadian licensed contractor providing ground engineering, mining, and environmental construction services, primarily in Canada, but with an increasing ground engineering market in the United States.
Reporting directly to the President of Golder Construction, the General Manager for Construction is accountable for the successful delivery of our construction projects across Canada, ensuring safe, technically sound and profitable projects are delivered on time and on budget. Supported by the Regional Leaders, the General Manager will provide the coaching, support, leadership, team-building, guidance, training and resources necessary to fulfill the responsibilities and objectives of the role.
Specifically, the General Manager will:
* Provide leadership for a Health and Safety culture that informs and guides how the Construction group operates. With the support of the Regional Leaders and the Health, Safety and Environment team, the General Manager will be responsible for the continual improvement in Health and Safety performance on the company’s construction sites;
* Be accountable for the quality of the projects delivered to Golder Construction’s clients and to provide solutions that meet both our client’s needs and the financial performance of the Regional Construction teams;
* Be responsible for reviewing and assisting in the development of the strategy to address technical, financial, human resource, equipment, quality and safety requirements for major bids and proposals and those with a higher risk profile;
* Work in partnership with the Regional Leaders and other senior employees of Golder Construction to ensure that the company’s project and risk management protocols are rigorously and consistently applied throughout the execution phases of all projects;
* Be accountable for the accuracy and consistency of our project cost control system, procurement, asset management and ensure the timely reporting of key performance metrics;
* Be responsible to assess and develop strategies to maintain or improve the morale and engagement of the construction teams; working as a coach, supporter and team member, with the Regional Leaders and other senior members of Golder Construction a frequent and regular basis;
* Lead the continued development and organization of highly motivated, well-trained, collaborative regional construction teams to meet the challenges that will arise as the company continues to expand and move into new markets and new technical areas. The General Manager will encourage, promote and facilitate the effective coordination of resources and best practices between and among our regional construction teams; and,
* Respectfully and effectively listen to and communicate with his/her colleagues and other stakeholders in Golder Construction and our parent company Golder Associates.
Specific Job Requirements of this position include:
* Twenty (20) or more years of experience in the construction industry with significant experience managing a construction company or division;
* Ten (10) years or more of experience with design-build project delivery;
* Bachelor's degree in engineering (Construction, Civil, Geotechnical or Environment) or equivalent;
* Currently a practicing Professional Engineer, or equivalent;
* Knowledgeable in civil works, specialized foundation works, environmental remediation and industrial wastewater treatment with the ability to learn new technical services and solutions;
* Strong knowledge of construction cost control processes and tools;
* Keen interest in business systems and processes linked to the delivery of construction services;
* Ability to build, lead and mentor high performing teams consisting of both professional and non-professional staff;
* Positive attitude and desire to succeed;
* Ability to connect and develop relationships with various internal and external stakeholders;
* Driven to become a senior shareholder of Golder;
* Professional and proactive;
* Strong communication skills;
* Be based either in Burnaby, British Columbia or Mississauga, Ontario; and,
* Available to travel up to 50% of his/her time in Canada with some limited travel to the United States.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for.
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 9000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy..
No phone calls please. We thank all the individuals who expressed interest.
Only those individuals who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Back to Canadian Start Page
Job Segments: General Manager, Construction, Engineer, Consulting, Risk Management, Management, Engineering, Technology, Finance