Project Engineer (St. Louis) Job
Date: May 20, 2013
Location: Marston, St. Louis, US
Location: US-MO-St. Louis - Marston
Job ID: 2012-8684
Area of Interest: EN - Mine Planning and Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 11/27/2012
Experience (Years): 5
Golder Associates is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our 8,000 people deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
The Golder U.S. team (Golder Associates Inc.) is consistently voted a top consulting firm to work for and operates out of more than 40 offices across the country from Anchorage, Alaska to Tampa, Florida. Since the first office opened in 1968, we have built a reputation for providing innovative, quality solutions. From our initial strength in geotechnical engineering, our services expanded to meet the increasing range of client needs, including environmental compliance and remediation.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Project Engineer to work out of our St. Louis, Missouri office. This individual should have strong technical experience in pipeline systems, engineering and construction, or experience related to piping in the oil & gas, petroleum refining or mining sectors.
- Develop pipeline projects, define scope of work and prepare requests for proposals.
- Perform engineering to specify and size pipeline equipment including pumps, valves, pipe and other associated process equipment.
- Prepare engineering and project cost estimates
- Write technical reports.
- Manage small to mid-size projects up to $1MM in total installed cost.
- Liaison with Golder’s Pipeline Engineering Center of Excellence in Walnut Creek, CA.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering experience in pipeline systems or other processes which require the transport of liquids or gases.
- Minimum BS or post-secondary degree in mechanical, civil or chemical engineering from an accredited institution
- MS Office competent – strong Excel skills preferred
- Solid organization and time management abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written; Multiple language capability a plus
- High level of personal integrity with a strong work ethic
- Willingness to travel as dictated by project demands
- Pass a pre-employment physical including a drug screening and background check
- Authorization to work in the United States We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segments: Project Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Manufacturing Engineer, Consulting, Engineering, Technology